Our in-depth knowledge of posture, pressure care, comfort and mobility issues assures you and your client the best possible seating outcome. We can handle complex needs and design customised solutions.
Equip4Living provides a dedicated seating clinic managed by a qualified, experienced seating clinician and OT, supported by our product technicians.
Our goal always is to work very closely with the client, carers and therapist to make sure every client has a suitable and comfortable seating solution and access to continuing care and support to maintain their level of comfort.
We provide a fully integrated service comprising:
- Assessments of seating for individual clients, including the inspection and adjustment of wheelchairs and seating solutions, staff in-services on seating and general advice.
- Pressure mapping for clients at risk of or experiencing skin breakdown issues.
- Evaluation and prescription of seating systems for new equipment including wheelchairs (power & manual) and commodes for adults and children. This service is free and without obligation.
- Inspection, advisory and modification/repair of seating systems and mobility equipment, as required.
- Demonstration of equipment.
- Manufacture and supply of new seating.
Our spacious and well resourced Edwardstown facility offers clinic space, lifting and transfer equipment, an examination plinth, wheelchair access inc. toilets and easy car parking.
The clinician will examine aspects like the client’s range of motion, pelvic and spinal alignment, muscle tone and strength, body measures, functional abilities, home environment and accessibility and also transportation considerations to guide seating recommendations.
Assessment/demonstration equipment includes a wide range of wheelchairs, paediatric equipment, postural aids, supportive backrests and comfort/pressure relieving cushions.
Consultation by our seating specialist clinician and technician is FREE for Disability SA eligible clients, including assessment, recommendation and quotations for equipment. Fees are applicable for private or compensable clients and other services as applicable.
Please contact us or call 8276 1300 to book a seating clinic appointment or discussion of your needs.